I have been nominated by not one, but two fab and favourite bloggers of mine for the Mystery Blogger Award. Both Hila of Saturday Night Stitch and Ellen of Ellen’s Sewing Passion. I admire both of these lovely ladies and am always so inspired by them. Thank you!
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious post. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
The rules are as follows:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
First off are three random facts about myself:
Random fact one:
I didn’t learn to drive until I was 30 and have only driven on a motorway once and that was with hubby alongside me. I’m an excellent navigator though.
Random fact two:
I hate washing my hair! I would always rather be doing something else!
Random fact three:
When I was in junior school I was a whizz at spelling and got 10/10 on spelling tests every week
So, as I have two sets of questions I decided to answer both sets of questions for double the fun!
Up first are Hila’s set:
- What song will ALWAYS get you on the dance floor?
- What’s your signature dish?
- Your proudest moment was…
- Favourite colour?
- Your best dance move is…
- Dancing Queen by Abba will always get me on the dance floor
- Signature dish? Hmm…well I do a chicken casserole to my own recipe, so that is truly my own and my husband says he loves my curry.
- Proudest moment…it has to be becoming a mum when I thought it was never going to be possible.
- Favourite colour…coral!
- My best dance move…Well, my son would probably say I do mum dancing 🙂 However, years ago I was really good at line dancing and can still remember many of the steps. I had all of the gear too…Cowboy boots, bolo ties, fringed skirts etc. Exhibit A for your enjoyment, complete with big hair 🙂
Ellen’s questions to me are:
- What do you do to cheer up your partner?
- If I ask you to sing spontaneous, what song would that be?
- Your favourite topping on the ice-cream…
- What makes you feel uncomfortable?
- What kind of competition would you like to participate?
- What do I do to cheer up my partner…well, I’m assuming I have to keep the answer clean here…hah! So my answer is to make him a bowl of ‘Birds Custard’ because he adores eating custard
- If I broke into spontaneous song right now it would be Just Another Day by John Secada, because I heard it on the radio a couple of times recently and now I can’t get it out of my head!
- Favourite ice cream topping has to be chocolate sauce and a chocolate flake. Just give me a Whippy right now!
- What makes me feel uncomfortable? Being cold definitely makes me uncomfortable but also feeling vulnerable or that I’ve been wronged in some way.
- What kind of competition would I participate in? Not sure really as I’m not an overly competitive person…I would perhaps enjoy a Christmas pudding eating competition though..hehe!
I nominate the following fab bloggers in no particular order:
I sew Therefore I am
My questions to you all are:
- Do you have a bad habit and if so what is it?
- If money was no object, where would you fly to in the whole world?
- What food do you hate?
- How many sewing machines/overlockers have you got?
- Name 3 famous people you would love to share a dinner table with.
It would be lovely if you could join in but don’t worry if you can’t…have fun!
***EDIT: After I had already published this post I’ve received another nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award from Maria of I’m Your New Neighbour blog. Thank you so much Maria. I really appreciate it xxx